Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Break and The Golden Ticket

This past week I did not have school as it was spring break. Of all the "spring breaks" I have had, this was one of the best. I had solid days just Mikias and I.
We took advantage of the great weather and I was reminded of how much Mikias loves the outdoors. Good times!

On Wednesday, we received our I-171H for the second adoption. This is known as the golden ticket in the adoption world. It does not get us a trip to a Chocolate Factory. In fact, it is a stamp of approval that says the US gov't feels we are able to "furnish proper care to an orphan as defined by section 101(b)(1)(F) of the immigration and nationality act". I feel so much better knowing that we have this declaration. We needed this same paper for Mikias...so I am guessing this time was just a double check. :)

What this does allow us to do is move forward with the second adoption. I am excited. We are taking the next couple of days to finalize our dossier and off it goes. At that point, our hands are off and we will be back to waiting for a referral. WOW!

10 comments:

Beth & Rico said...

Fabulous news!!! Golden ticket #2 - I can't wait until you get the dossier out now, make sure you let us know all the details...! I love the AAI photo on the blog, it's gorgeous! How incredible it is going to be for Mikias to have a sibling from Ethiopia - fun, fun, fun!!

Karen said...

Yay for the I-171-H! It's such an impressive piece of paper isn't it? (Or maybe not impressive, but darn important! :-) Hopefully you'll get all the dossier stuff together soon and off the papers go...:-)

Denise Bryant said...

I'm so excited for you! And your little agency celebrity photo is adorable, I saw that on the website!!

Jill said...

Wow, you got that fast this time....it seems some are waiting forever. Congrats!!!! Cannot wait to hear of your new referral.

Jill

Deanna said...

That is wonderful! Congrats :)

The Clifton Family said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cool! I am sooo excited for you guys, it's ridiculous. Cheesy to say, but thank you for being so inspirational :) You are very cool.

Anonymous said...

Ah this is so exciting! How happy I am for your beautiful family! Keep us updated on your precious and wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the I-171H. Bet that feels good! Can't wait to hear news of a referral.

DDanielle said...

I bet you did have lots of fun with Mikias! Who knows maybe next spring break you will be with 2 little ones:-)

Mindy said...

Congrats on getting the final paper! So exciting to see you at this point...I remember following your blog when you were doing this for Mikias. I'm hoping things will go just as well for you the second time around!