Monday, May 21, 2007

First shower

Thank you so much to everyone who came to our shower yesterday...and for all the gifts you gave. We were so excited that you were able to join us. After loading all the new stuff into our place last evening, I told Joanna that I'm now convinced we need to move to a larger home! It makes me wish I would have finished the basement years ago. I think it will probably take all week to "organize" all the new gear. It has been fun going through everything and starting to set up Henock's room. I think it's definitely starting to look like a baby's room. Now we just need the baby! At least now we have what we need to get started. I know there is a post-travel baby shower also in the works that will be for my side of the family (and friends too).

I'd like to especially thank Elaine (Henock's new grandma) and Caroline (Henock's new aunt) for all the work they put in to running the shower yesterday. They were certainly busy all day, but everything turned out perfectly.

We were hoping to get some sort of update today about a more definite travel date, but we weren't contacted. So, we'll be following up with Kurt tomorrow about that. We'd like to be able to set up travel and make plane reservations this week.

2 comments:

kikstra said...

We are so excited for you and will pray that your travel planning goes smoothly (and you'll be able to give us some tips!).
Carl & Betsy Kikstra

Karen said...

I was so happy to read your post/email today, and couldn't wait to read the rest of your blog! Good luck with the rest of the journey to bring your son home! We all hope it goes very smoothly! We told the girls there was a family not too far from us who would have their baby home sometime during the summer, and they can't wait to meet him (but they know they have to...:-)

Karen and Patrick Eggers