Monday, May 28, 2007

Running around!!!

If adoption is considered a marathon we are at about mile 20 with the finish line in sight. (That finish line just happens to be around the world.) Anyone that has run a marathon knows that at the 20th mile you start to wonder how in the world you are going to finish the last 6 miles. That sums up how I am feeling.

This weekend we made a very large "to do" list. It included both adoption and non-adoption things and was then broken down into pre and post travel. It was then broken down again into "urgent" and "hopefully we will get done". Although we were able to do quite a bit, I am still at the point where the list is out the window and get me on that plane!

We still have paperwork to get together for the Embassy. We still need to pack. I still need to wrap things up at school. But, most importantly, we still can't wait to meet our son.

P.S. Thought you might enjoy a few pictures of the baby's room. I think it turned out very well.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog thing is really cool, even for someone who is generally afraid of the computer(actually it makes me feel a lot of anxiety,Joaanna}. The pictures came out great, looks just like it does when you stand in his room. We enjoyed spending time with you both. Take one day at a time, don't worry about school, this is YOUR time, you two. We love you THREE!!!!
Mom and Dad K











































three

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the room! Henock (sp?) is so blessed already to have you as parents!
Good for you being organized enough to have lists that have sublists that have sublists... I hope that I'll be that organized when the time comes for us! You're still in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

The room looks perfect. Love the analogy of the marathon! I know how hard those last 6 miles are, but just remember how amazing it feels to cross that finish line!!

Deanna said...

The room looks beautiful! I love the colors. I am also very impressed at how organized you two are even in the midst of sheer chaos :) When it comes our time to go to Ethiopia, I am going to have to call you over to take control of our lives.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful room! Aric and I are so excited for you!! Good luck with your trip to Ethiopia...what an exciting time. Thanks for letting us share this time with you through this blog...it has been wonderful finding out all of the details. Can't wait to meet your son!!!

Anonymous said...

This will be the last time you are organized in a LONG time. Organization will "go out the window" to make time for reading to, snuggling with, and just starring at you son in amazement that he is yours. Somehow, the chaos doesn't matter. As with everything else in life, it will all come together..and my motto when traveling, "whatever you forget, you can buy!" Hopefully, this will still apply in Ethiopia.