Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Night Out

This past weekend we finally took our parents to The Blue Nile, an Ethiopian restaurant in Ferndale, to thank them for all of their help since we've been home from Ethiopia. Actually, our intention was to do this before we traveled in June, but things got too crazy and we never made it. On Saturday we went and everyone really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Joanna and I had gone to this same place on New Years Eve this past year, but this time we noticed so many little things around the restaurant that reminded us of our trip. Unfortunately, the owners were in Ethiopia for the millennium celebration so we weren't able to talk to them. My aunt and uncle babysat Mikias so it was good to have an adult outing. Overall, it was a very fun time.




Here is Mikias' latest trick. He's certainly keeping us busy now!

2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Your restaurant experience sounds great! I've only been to the Ethiopian restaurant here in Grand Rapids and I do want to try and make some homemade ET food. We'll see if that bombs or not!

The video is cute!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time and I was really surprised at how good the food was. I thought it would be a very spicey food, but it was very flavorful and not to spicey. Thanks again. Hey, that's my boy, look at him go!!!!!

Love,
Mom K, Grandma K