Tuesday, September 4, 2007

On the move

This past weekend we took the long trip down to West Virginia to see my grandma and introduce her to Mikias. Actually, we were long overdue for a visit down there anyways and luckily we didn't have any plans for the weekend. I don't think I've ever seen my grandma so excited about something before. I think she was anticipating our arrival all last week and went out of her way to make sure we had everything for Mikias once we arrived. Joanna and I were a bit concerned about the long drive (6 hours), but we tried to time our drives with Mikias' naps and that seemed to work well. Joanna did spend some time in the back seat entertaining him for a while.

It was a very relaxing weekend. We took a few walks and did a bit of swimming (especially Mikias!). Other than that, we just hung out, played, and napped all day long. It was kind of nice not having all the "responsibilities" of home hanging over our heads.

While we were there, Mikias decided he would crawl for the first time! He has been on the verge of crawling for about a week now, but he finally figure everything out and crawled across my grandma's kitchen. Needless to say, we really need to a little baby-proofing around our house now that he is out exploring everything.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! He is so cute! You guys are in for it now.

DDanielle said...

So Cute

Anonymous said...

We need to get together so we can see him. I think I am having withdrawal after seeing that video.

Anonymous said...

Aww! How cute!!!

~Abby, Rich, and Alayna

Deanna said...

What a doll! Now Mikias and Seth can tear the place apart together :)