Friday, September 28, 2007

Not too much new in our world. Mikias is still crawling all over the place and occasionally takes a stroll using his "walker". I've been negligent in getting gates put up, so he is really requiring a lot of attention when he explores things on his own. He's had a runny nose all week. We thought it was because he was teething, but then I got a runny nose too...and I'm pretty sure I'm not teething. So, we've both got mild colds. Joanna has been able to avoid it so far.

Other than that, we're doing some prepping for Mikias' baptism on Sunday. We're planning on having all of our family for lunch after church. Luckily, it's going to be a nice day. We don't have a good cold-weather party house. Not enough room inside. One of these days I'll get to finishing the basement and the problem will be solved.

A few weeks ago, a reporter from our local paper came out to interview us about the adoption process. Our adoption agency was in touch with them. With November being National Adoption Month, the agency wanted to see if the paper would be interested in doing a story on us. The article was just published last week. It's ok...although I'm not thrilled about being quoted in reference to Angelina Jolie and Madonna. Of all the things they asked about, they choose to put this in the story! Oh well...here's the article.

Parents Choose Adoption Option - Oxford Leader

4 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

I thought the article was good! Your photo was great, too! Though, Ben, for some reason you look the SAME in every photo. :) I'm looking forward to meeting Joanna & Mikias next week.

shelly said...

the article was good and I thought you said good things ..especially about the 18 gifts and trying to make sure your son is connected to that part of his heritage.....good picure as well

DDanielle said...

We had fun on Sunday, Daniel seemed to like being around those girls:-)
I still can't get over how in pictures Mikias is so cute but he is even cuter in person....seriously how is that possible because he is so stikin cute in his pictures!

Unknown said...

I recently found your blog - we are in Michigan too (love your blog). We are thinking of trying to have our adoption shower at the Blue Nile, but I've never been there - do you have a contact or suggest anyone I should talk to? I'd love to hear from you. Your son is SO cute! Please email me at wowee18@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Cat