Friday, June 1, 2007

New Pictures

It's been a crazy week for both Joanna and I as we try to wrap things up with our jobs and start preparing for the big trip next week. On Wednesday we received new pictures of Henock. These were taken just this past weekend during Alemu's visit to the orphanage. Henock looks considerably older and larger now! According to the info we received he's gained about 1-1/2lbs since our last report. I'm not sure how much we trust the information, though, because it also said he is 1cm shorter than before...I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure this isn't possible.
This weekend we'll be spending most of the time filling out some last minute embassy forms, figuring out what to pack, and counting down the days and hours till our plane leaves

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our friend Sarah adopted from Siberia a couple of years ago. She wanted me to tell you that if you think you might need it for him to pack it. And the one thing she forgot to pack were toys. She brought one as a gift for her daughter but nothing to help entertain her during the 2 weeks they had to stay there. So pack some baby toys she says.

Deanna said...

He is so precious! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Denise Bryant said...

He's ADORABLE!

Karen said...

He is beautiful! Good luck getting everything wrapped up before you go!! Looking foward to seeing you when you return!!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures confirm my thoughts that he is the most beautiful grandson a Grandma could ask for. Joanna, you told me that you are calm--I think all the anxiety has transfered to me. Praying for a safe trip there and back, and counting the minutes till all THREE of you are home.

Love,
Grandma K

Anonymous said...

JoAnna and Ben-
Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures of the baby. I must say I am anxious to kiss those yummy cheeks.

I am so happy fro you as I know how anxious you both are. What a blessing you will have very soon, and never worry about being a Mommy and Daddy becasue as soon as he is placed in your arms your instincts will kick in and he will know you love him.

God bless you both and have a very safe journey!!!
Margo