Monday, June 8, 2009

Mikias' Gotcha Day!

I know that we've got a million things to update on here with all the new developments, various doctors' appointments, and preparing for surgery.  Needless to say, we've been extremely busy trying to balance our new normal.

But, we'll put all that aside for now, because today is a very, very important day for our family.  It's Mikias' Gotcha Day!  Two years ago today we met Mikias in Addis Ababa and he joined our family.  We can't even imagine life without this awesome little guy.  He has enriched our lives so much.

Happy Gotcha Day little man.

Benjamin, Joanna, & Mikias - June 8, 2007


Mikias - June 8, 2009



In his own words...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha Day Mikias!!!

Where have two years gone!! Papa and Gia remember like it was yesterday. Papa called me at school and told me to get on the computer and see your first pictures with mommy and daddy. I remember just sitting in my classroom and staring at your face.
I remember spending the first night with you when you got home because mommy and daddy were so jet lagged. I remember the first time you smiled at me, it was 3:30 ish in the morning and I was changing your diaper and you smiled and my heart just melted. You have brought so much joy to our lives. We are so glad you are our grandson. Love you!!!!!!
Gia and Papa

John Bernia said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Mikias! Gotcha Days are the BEST!! I will look at your picture tonight above my food bowl as I am chowing on my dinner and will think of you. I love you!

Love, Leyland (and Leyland's mom and dad!)

Wendy said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Mikias!

DDanielle said...

Happy Gotcha day! I loved it in his own words....the questioning glance off camera, not fully understanding what you expect him to say.....then the toddler excited shout at the end. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love the video - so incredibly cute. Can't believe it was 2 years ago! Happy Gotcha Day to all of you McKinneys! :) ~Erica

Beth & Rico said...

Zachary watched Mikias' video about 10 times!! He loved it and so did we!! Happy Forever Family Day to you!

Jason and Colleen said...

Wow, time flies!!!! I remember reading your blog while you were in Ethiopia as we started our own adoption process. Thanks for the motivation and support. Happy two years Mikias!!